Float along the French Broad River and see the Biltmore Estate as well as the River Arts District on this full-day tour.
Asheville Guided Electric Bike Adventure
C'mon, roll a fatty!
Experience Asheville with a guided E-bike adventure!
Asheville has many highlights – and we all have our own tastes. Biking in a foreign city can be daunting, but fortunately Asheville is easily navigated on an electric bike and our guides are experts of the locale. Choose what you want to see around town from a list of common options and we will take you on a unique, custom experience! We’ll mostly stay on the established routes and greenways, but there’s plenty of other cool stops to see. Our guides are not only locals, but bikers with the knowledge to take you off the beaten path and see some of the more interesting sides of Asheville – simply ask, we’ve been here for a long time!
With so many options to choose from, here are a few of our best thoughts:
- Historic Montford – Just around the corner. Victorian houses, the Riverside Cemetery, Asheville history, crazy awesome trees. Maybe we’ll see if OG Mike is home?
- Downtown Asheville – So much to do, give us your favorites and we’ll take you there.
- River Arts District – 6 miles of scenic, riverside greenway home to Asheville’s vibrant art scene.
- Grove Park – Gorgeous neighborhood, beautiful inn with a solid tie to Asheville’s history.
- West Asheville – A microcosm of Asheville. Bars, breweries, and restaurants.
A little about our bikes
Our friends at M2S bikes in Arden have been making fat tire electric bikes since 2015 and we believe they are the most stable ride around. The fat tire and step through design makes for a confident ride, though you will still have to pedal as our ebikes are all pedal assist. Locks are provided with bikes for when you find somewhere worth stopping.
The hills of Asheville just got a lot easier.
Why French Broad Outfitters?
You’ve got a lot of choices in town for rentals, why FBO? We’ve been getting people outside for 12 years now! Our years of experience and customer ratings speak for themselves. Meeting your hosts in a parking lot is cool, but we have our own parking lots and buildings to keep your things safe while you’re out on a trip with us. Bathrooms? Yep, that and a whole outfitter store. Oh, did we mention that if you do a bike experience with us, you are eligible for 20% off any of our river trips as well?
- An electric bike, helmet and lock
- Professional guide
- 2 or 4 hours of fun
- Comfy clothes to bike in – synthetic clothes are the best
- Closed toes shoes
- Backpack for stuff
- Rain gear – seriously, we’re a rainforest
- Money for drinks/food/shopping
- We like reusable water bottles but we have bottles if you need. Water available on site. You need water
- Those who are 16 and up – sorry, we don’t do kids on bikes. And 16 is the NC legal age for eBikes
- Those with a basic level of fitness and the ability to ride a bike.
- Those under 250 lbs.